10 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Test Drive
Test Driving a vehicle is one of the most important steps in the car buying process. Looking at features and specs of a vehicle are great and provide a lot of information that is valuable but getting to experience the vehicle first hand by sitting in it and driving it can really be the deciding factor on what vehicle you purchase. Whether you are buying new or used, a test drive is a must. If you are in the market for a new vehicle or are a first-time car buyer, check out these 10 tips for getting the most out of your test drive.
Before you even start test driving a vehicle, write down the features that you want. Think about the purpose of the vehicle. Will you need a fuel efficient vehicle? A vehicle with a large cargo area or lots of seating? Once you have narrowed it down to the specific vehicles you are interested in, then it is time for a test drive.
Here are some important factors to think about while you are test driving a vehicle. These are questions to ask yourself while you are sitting in the vehicle, before even taking it for a drive.
- Is it easy to get in and out of the vehicle?
- Is there enough head-, hip-, and legroom? Check out the backseat as well.
- Is the driving position comfortable?
- Are the gauges and controls easy to read and to use?
- Does the vehicle have good visibility? Where are the blind spots?
Here are some important things to consider while you are actually driving the vehicle.
- How is the acceleration and passing acceleration?
- Is there loud engine or road noise?
- How does the braking feel?
- How does the steering and handling of the vehicle feel?
- Are the seats comfortable and spacious?
Test drives are a lot of fun and again are a really important step in the car buying process. If you are in the market for a new or used vehicle, at Moritz Kia, we have a great inventory of both new and certified pre-owned vehicles. Come check us out and schedule a test drive with one of our great Kia vehicles.