2017 Kia Sedona IIHS Top Safety Pick+ Award
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has awarded its best rating possible, Top Safety Pick+, to the 2017 Kia Sedona. The 2017 Sedona is offered with available Autonomous Emergency Braking, which is a system that helps to avoid forward collisions by warning the driver of an impending forward collision and then applying the brakes if no action is taken. The addition of the Autonomous Emergency Braking system qualified the 2017 Sedona for the 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ rating.
“The IIHS is a highly respected safety authority and we see the 2017 Sedona’s TSP+ rating as validation of Kia’s dedication to its customers and to the continuous efforts to build better and safer vehicles.” –Orth Hedrick VP of Product Planning KMA
What is even more impressive is that this year the IIHS has raised its expectations and now vehicles are required to earn “good” ratings in five crashworthiness tests-small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side impact, roof strength and head restraints and an “advanced” or “superior” rating for front crash prevention rating from “basic” to “superior.”
New Features on the 2017 Kia Sedona
The new 2017 Sedona offers some key enhancements over the 2016 model year including more active safety and new technology features. New features on the 2017 Kia Sedona include:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking was added to the available Advanced Driver Assisted System which features Blind-Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning and Smart Cruise Control.
- UVO3 e-Services system which adds smartphone connectivity through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, navigation system with a larger 7-inch display screen.
- Dynamic Bending Light is combined with an upgraded High-Intensity-Discharge headlight system for even greater nighttime visibility.
- The enhanced Essentials Premium Package now includes Front & Rear Park-Assist, Smart Key, UVO3 with rear camera and leather trim.
- A new available Acoustic Windshield provides a supremely quiet driving experience.
If you are interested in the 2017 Sedona, please contact us at Moritz Kia by either giving us a call or visiting us in person and any of our three locations in the Fort Worth and Hurst area.