How Often Should I Replace My Windshield Wipers?
Windshield wipers that have not been replaced and need replacing can be hazardous to driving. Windshield wipers that are not working correctly can create poor visibility for drivers due to streaking or hazing. Windshield wipers should be replaced every six months to a year or as soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility. Here are some signs that it may be time to replace your wipers.
- Streaking or hazing on the windshield when it rains or snows
- A chattering sound when you turn your wipers on
- The blades are pulling away from the windshield at higher speeds instead of sitting snugly against the windshield
- The rubber has split into sections or pulled away from the wiper arm
- The rubber edge looks worn or torn in pieces or the metal arm is bent or cracked
How to Replace Windshield Wipers
Need new windshield wipers? Well, you have a couple options. To have new wipers installed you can contact us at Moritz Kia and we will be happy to install new wipers of your vehicle. If you want to know how to replace windshield wipers yourself then here are some step-by-step instructions on how to install windshield wipers.
- Pull on the wiper arm until it raises and locks in service position
- Locate the clip on the underside of the wiper arm, rotating the blade slightly may help
- Press the clip in as you pull the old wiper blade off the wiper arm at the same time
- Align the new wiper blade with the wiper arm track and slide it along the track until you hear a click
- Repeat this process with the other wiper blade
- Return the wiper arms to their normal position against the windshield
Installing new wiper blades is easy and quick. Next time you’re in for an oil change just ask us to install new wipers and we can do so without taking any extra time away from your day! If you have any questions on purchasing new wiper blades or installing them please contact us at Moritz Kia today.