Will the 2017 Kia Sportage have Apple CarPlay? The 2017 Sportage will have the option to be equipped with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto through the UVO eServices with 7-inch touchscreen display. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are optional on the 2017 Sportage LX and standard on the 2017 Sportage EX and SX Turbo. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are smarter ways to use your phone in your Kia. It enables your vehicle’s radio to be a display and controller for compatible iPhones and Androids. Apple CarPlay provides access to compatible Apple apps such as, Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, iBooks and Podcasts plus a number of popular third-party apps. Android Auto allows you to use Android apps such as Phone, Google Maps, Google Play Music, and a variety of other compatible apps.
How to Setup Android Auto for Kia Vehicles
Before setting up Android Auto, make sure that your phone is updated to the latest OS release. Compatible phones are Androids with 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Here are step by step directions on how to setup Android Auto for Kia vehicles.
- From your compatible device, download the Android Auto app from Google Play. Launch the Android Auto app on the phone and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Press the SETUP hard key on your Kia’s dashboard.
- Tap the Connectivity icon on your vehicle’s home screen, then select Enable Android Auto.
- Connect the device to your vehicle’s USB port with the cable that was provided with your phone.
- From the vehicle’s home screen, tap the Android Auto icon.
How to Setup Apple CarPlay for Kia Vehicles
Compatible phones are iPhone 5 or later and it is recommended to have the latest IOS release updated on your iPhone. Here are step by step directions on how to
setup Apple CarPlay for Kia vehicles.
- From your vehicle, press the SETUP button and then choose connectivity on your home screen.
- Select enable Apple CarPlay.
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in the console area using the compatible Apple lightning cable.
- On the home screen, select the Apple CarPlay icon. Your phone should display the Apple CarPlay lock screen and all supported apps will appear on your vehicle’s touchscreen.
If you have any questions on the 2017 Kia Sportage or how to setup Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in your vehicle then give us a call at Moritz Kia, we would love to help. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be making their way into more Kia vehicles for the 2017 model year, so keep an eye out for more information on what Kia vehicles will have this available feature.